GDM Consulting provides services that enable your company to grow, develop and measure its Change Management strategies. Our specialty skills in Change Management, strategic planning, sustainable business models, Corporate Social Responsibility, stakeholder engagement and community investment, provide valuable support to every business, and reduces risks, delays and grievances.
Change Management is about engaging with the context in which your project operates: Key to this, is understanding your stakeholders, their expectations, their needs, and how you can work together for mutually beneficial project outcomes. Change Management strongly focuses on the operational and technical aspects on a organisation, however a focus on the non-technical components of your project cannot be underestimated or ignored, and is equally important to its success.
GDM Consulting offers the following services that allow your company to grow, develop and measure its impact and performance.
- Gap & Risk Assessments: Preliminary assessments provide a holistic review of your company and where it stands in its change objectives; analysis identifies gaps in organizational capacity. Assessments enable a company to mitigate or eliminate identified risks and proper action plans are developed, as well as reviewing current company strategies. The analysis is often a preliminary step to reflecting on the current status of the company, and provides the foundation for the roadmap to move forward with the Change strategy.
- Stakeholder Impact Assessments (SIA): Stakeholder Impact Assessments predict the changes and impacts of the project on company’s culture and society. The assessment develops strategies for how these can be minimised and mitigated, protecting the both stakeholders’ and company reputation as much as possible. The SIA is strongly used as a basis for CSR and social investment planning and provides the basis for risk and impact-based strategic planning.
- Change Management frameworks:Development of change management step-by-step action-plan, and how these are framed within your company and the different departments. Frameworks outline objectives, targets, goal setting, reporting procedures, roles and responsibilities, reporting and compliance frameworks.
- Stakeholder Engagement Strategy:Stakeholder engagements are often used to build a common vision for the operation between stakeholders and the company, and invites valuable feedback from stakeholders that are incorporated into the operation plans. The strategy enables stakeholders to be empowered and educated to manage the changes that will occur to their environment. The strategy focuses on key messages needed by the stakeholders, and builds the reputation of the Company.
- (insert pic 4 Gabrielle) Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy and Strategy: Based on the stakeholders’ and social assessments and the vision of the company, the CSR policy brings together the most important issues for the company to commit to addressing. The strategy then provides a comprehensive roadmap for embedding social responsibility into the way the company does business, from the ground up. Both the policy and strategy are developed with stakeholder input. CSR applies on internal and external stakeholders. Depends on the change risk-assessment the company is advised which stakeholder group to address first.
- Corporate Social Investment (CSI) strategy:Social investments should be aligned to the business interests of the company, and be of priority to internal stakeholders. Social Investments bring the most value to internal stakeholders in a time of transformation. GDM Consulting provides design and management of social investments throughout the full project cycle, and this includes strategic thinking on capacity building, context and rationale, results measurement systems, development of objectives and outcomes, implementation models.
- Diversity Engagement and Employment Programs:Establishment, review and implementation of Diversity programs through engagement with diverse employees. Workforce skills and competency assessments result in training and development programs or may take the form of an employment program such as indigenous employment program. At a minimum, the company should have a business case that outlines the program’s rationale and benefits, and sets targets for investment and implementation time.
- Community education and communication tools: Development of communication tools for stakeholders, community members, customers, clients or Government bodies around the project, company and operational plans. Tailored communications tools including brochures, booklets, community handbooks, advocacy and community information materials are developed with creativity and cultural sensitivity.
- Training and Capacity Building: Building the capacity of your employees (internal) and host communities (external) to cope with change is essential. Sustainable social responsibility and social investment initiatives have proven to be acceptable capacity building systems. Training packages include defining key concepts of Change objectives, training and awareness workshops, team building activities, community project initiatives, equitable project selection, reporting templates and requirements, financial systems and budgets, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation: Frame works for reporting, monitoring and evaluation of company strategy, social investments, community perception of Company etc. GRI sustainability reports, annual reports, website content etc
- Case Studies: Case studies bring projects to life by hearing the stories from stakeholders in their own words, and human interests stories are usually the most read in sustainability reports, conference posters and website content. GDM Consulting excels at reporting on community investments throughvarying communication tools that are relevant to your stakeholders and their interests.
- Communication tools: Development of communication strategies, corporate information packages, newsletters, fliers, website content, report writing, case studies and community consultations.